Thursday, August 28, 2008

Barack truly inspired a veteran


A True Inspiration!


I started off tonight watching the DNC with little enthusiasm about what was going to be said. What i figured would happen is a repeat of the same content already covered by the news and or speaches. Well a little was repeated, but boy was i wrong about the big picture.

Let me start off by saying, that I usually dont get inspired by poeple other than my family and friends. For the most part its from the ones I live around and can speak to face to face. But tonight, listening to Barack speak about America, its people and his views really lit a fire under me. I was truly moved and humbled by what he had to say. I thought to myself about what I myself and americans as a whole are capable of. As of now I have a totally different outlook on what I and we as a whole can accomplish.


You see, i joined the military when i was 19. I wanted to be in a position to make a difference in peoples lives other than my own. I am becoming a police officer for this same reason. My calling is for the service to our great nation and its people. Having said that, I thought that would be enough. I thought serving as a police officer was sufficient. Well after listening to those thoughtful, truly inspiring words from Barack Obama. I told myself that I am not going to stop there.

I don't think it is our careers that define us fully. I think that it is what we do for this country,city,town,neighborhood or any other place and get nothing in return is what defines the soul of this great nation. This is why I am going to get active in my states affairs and issues. I am not sure where i am going to start, but i will find a way.

To sum this all up. Regardless if Barack wins the election. That man is someone we should not model ourselves after fully.Because we all have to be our own, but to instill some of his beliefs and ethics within us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey scott itz ya sister ash i just wonted to say luv the thingz u wrote and tle thim very seroiusely u go 4 your goal luv ya alwayz and 4 ever yo sis ash